Business Insurance Due For Renewal?
When your business insurance renewal documents arrive, it is important to read through them carefully. Now is a good time to check that your business is insured properly and that you have the right sums insured and cover limits.
How To Save Money On Your Business Insurance
It’s a good idea to compare the market every two or three years to make sure you’re not paying over the odds. Insurance companies often have one rate for existing, loyal customers and a much cheaper one for new business.
Contact an independent insurance broker that specialises in business and commercial insurance and ask them to get you alternative quotations. It’s best if you can give them plenty of time to do this – to enable them to get quotes back from different insurers and compare them for you. Set a reminder for this in your diary, at least a month before renewal date.
A good insurance broker will know which insurance companies to approach for your particular business. They will then consider price and cover and make a recommendation. If you’ve been with the same insurer for a number of years, they will often be able to find you a better deal.
You can buy some types of business insurance direct nowadays or use comparison websites online but remember that it’s not just about getting a cheap insurance quote. You need to be sure that the insurance you are buying is something that you can rely on, so that in the event of a loss the claim will be paid.
How To Keep Your Existing Insurance Policies And Switch To A New Insurance Broker
If you are happy with your existing insurance policies, but do not feel that you’re getting as good a service as you used to from your current insurance broker, it’s usually very easy to try out a new one.
All you have to do is sign a letter of appointment, which the new broker will provide, on your own letterhead, saying that you want them to deal with all your insurances. If you decide at any time that you preferred the previous broker, you can always transfer back again.
If you plan to do this, it’s worth enquiring about payment terms and checking interest rates, if you pay monthly.
What We Can Do For You
If your business insurance is due for renewal and you would like to see what your options are, give us a call. We are a Kent based independent insurance broker and happy to offer you advice or answer any questions you may have. Our service includes the following:
- A no-obligation review of your insurances
- Identification of any gaps in cover
- Identification of any over-insurance
- Comparison of insurance quotes & cover from multiple insurance companies (we’re independent so not tied to any insurers)
- Availability of immediate cover after a confirmed quote
- Simple process for transferring your insurance to us – we make it easy
- If your current insurer is offering the best deal, we’ll tell you. You can still transfer your insurance to us and try out our service
- Option of face-to-face, telephone or online communication
- Ongoing one-to-one support throughout the year
- We’ll be here to help if you need to make a claim
- We work with trusted local experts who can offer you advice with regard to any security or health and safety requirements
Contact us on 01622 620531, send us an Email or click the button below.
“Breathe helped us find Professional Indemnity, Public Liability and Employers Liability insurance. Karen was extremely helpful and kept us informed throughout the process. We saved a substantial amount compared to our previous insurer.”
Darren Lynch, Director – Chatham, Kent