First Steps in Business Insurance
Do you need business insurance but don’t know where to start?
You might be setting up a new business and want to know how to get commercial insurance or you might have a start up business and be thinking, ‘What is commercial insurance?‘
You might have an established business and be considering commercial insurance for the first time – perhaps because you’re moving into a new office or industrial unit or because you need insurance for a new employee.
It can be a daunting experience, especially if :-
- You don’t have a lot of time to sort your business insurance out
- You don’t know what insurance cover you need for your business
- You don’t know where to go to get the best cover at the best price
What Is Business Insurance?
Before you begin it’s worth considering the following things:
- What risks do you want to protect your business from?
- Do you have property owned by the business?
- Do you have employees?
- Does your business come into contact with the public?
- Do you supply a product?
- Do you provide a service for a fee?
- Do you drive a vehicle for business purposes?
Business Insurance is insurance suitable for all types of businesses, such as sole traders, partnerships and limited companies.
It can include commercial vehicle insurance, liability insurance and insurance for any buildings or equipment that belong to the business.
Learn About Business Insurance
Have a look at the Business Insurance section of our site and get informed. You can find answers to the following questions and many more:
- What business insurance do you need?
- What is public liability insurance
- What is product liability insurance?
- What is employers liability insurance?
- What is professional indemnity or PI insurance?
Or why not save yourself the hassle and speak to a business insurance broker?
An independent business insurance broker can help you with all the points above. They will guide you through the business insurance maze and provide you with competitive, no-obligation insurance quotes and expert advice so that you can decide how much insurance you need.
“I approached Breathe Insurance Brokers to sort out our insurance following a recommendation from a colleague in a similar industry to ours. Karen was the first person who actually understood the issues we needed to deal with. Where there were grey areas she did her own research to clarify exactly how it could be dealt with. This means we are now 100% confident that the cover we have is totally relevant to our actual business and we are secure.”
Sian Murphy, Director – Rochester, Kent