If you run a factory or are involved in manufacturing or engineering, you need business insurance to protect your buildings, equipment, stock and liability risks.
It is important to make sure that you have the right cover at a reasonable premium.
What is factory insurance?
The types of insurance you might consider for your factory include:
- Buildings Insurance
- Business Interruption Insurance
- Public Liability Insurance
- Employers Liability Insurance
- Products Liability Insurance
- Stock Insurance
- Machinery & Equipment Insurance
- Hired equipment insurance
- Money Insurance
- All Risks Insurance for laptops and other portable equipment away from the premises
- Goods In Transit Insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Engineering Insurance & Inspection cover (for forklifts, air receivers etc)
- Motor Fleet Insurance
- Commercial Legal Expenses Insurance
- Directors and Officers Insurance
- Professional Indemnity Insurance (if you offer design as a service)
Factory Insurance and your legal requirements
Some types of insurance, such as employers liability are a legal requirement.
Other types of insurance may not be legally required but are essential to protect your business. An independent business insurance broker will be able to advise you accordingly and help you decide what you need.
Insurance for Imports And Exports
If you are involved with imports or exports, you will need appropriate products liability cover. Insurers may request a split in the turnover between the UK, Europe, Asia and USA and Canada.
You may also need specialist marine transit or cargo insurance for goods whilst in transit or stored in warehouses.
Compare Factory Insurance Quotes
The best way to do this is to speak to a local independent business insurance broker. Their job is to learn about your business and the issues you need to deal with and help you decide what insurance cover you need. They will usually offer a free, no obligation quotation.
Look for an insurance broker that specialises in commercial insurance and offers a personal service. They will usually get you a number of factory insurance quotes from a range of reputable and financially sound insurance companies. They will then compare these for you and recommend the best policy, taking into account your requirements and the price.
Get A Factory Insurance Quote
Here at Breathe we have many years of experience in arranging factory insurance for many different types of manufacturers and engineering companies. We offer a personal service, help you decide what cover you need and compare quotes for you to make sure you have the right cover in place at the most competitive premium.