If you run a commercial printing firm you need an insurance policy designed for your particular business needs. Every printing company is different and it’s important to make sure your business and livelihood are properly protected.
Insurance policies are available for general printers, screen printers, sign printers, T-shirt printers, printers of magazines and 3D printers.
It’s best to talk to an independent commercial insurance broker who will be able to guide you through the process of arranging the right insurance and then compare the market for you.
What Insurance Does A Printer Need?
A typical printers insurance policy might include cover for:
- Buildings Insurance
- Printing equipment insurance
- Computer insurance
- Business Interruption Insurance
- Public Liability Insurance (can be extended to include manual work away for installation of shop, office & vehicle signs )
- Product Liability insurance
- Employers Liability Insurance
- Stock Insurance
- Money Insurance
- All Risks Insurance for laptops and other portable equipment away from the premises
- Goods In Transit Insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Commercial Legal Expenses Insurance
Extensions to the standard insurance cover for printers
Extensions available include:
- Equipment Breakdown Insurance: cover for computer hardware, reinstatement of data and increased overtime costs following a breakdown
- Libel and Slander: covers legal costs in case someone sues you for defamation in something you’ve printed, say for a publishing house
- Theft by employee: would cover theft of a lithographic printer’s aluminium printing plates for example
- Bookbinder’s extension: covers damage to printed material during the binding
How much does printers insurance cost?
The cost of printers insurance depends on a number of things including:
- how long you’ve been established
- the location of your print shop
- the value of your buildings and printing machinery
- your estimated annual turnover
- whether or not you have made any claims
How to get a Printers Insurance quote
The best way to get insurance for your printing company is to contact an independent business insurance broker. Here at Breathe we have many years of experience in arranging printers insurance for a range of printing companies. We offer a friendly service, help you decide what cover you need and compare printers insurance quotes for you to make sure you have the right cover in place at the most competitive premium.
If you would like more information or a printers insurance quote from a Kent based broker, call us on 01622 620531, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the button below to start a quote.